MotoGP Japan: Rossi: 'I love the overseas races'



Valentino Rossi is fired-up to end Yamaha's MotoGP victory drought during the three flyaway events, that start in Japan this weekend. 

Yamaha won five of the opening seven races courtesy of Rossi and team-mate Jorge Lorenzo, but hasn't taken a victory in the seven races since. 

"I love the three overseas races, these circuits are fantastic," declared Rossi, referring to the Motegi-Phillip Island-Sepang events. "On paper we are strong with the Yamaha, so I hope to fight for the victory. 

"I'm especially happy to go to Japan because it is the home of Yamaha and I will do my best to make it a good Grand Prix. I like the track and the atmosphere. I'm in good shape and I'm ready for the three races in a row!" 

While no rider gives up on a championship until the mathematics become impossible, whatever they may say in public, the huge 52-point gap to Marc Marquez combined with a 14-point difference between Rossi and Lorenzo means the fight for the runner-up spot is the only target still within their own control. 

"Vale and Jorge have both done very well here in the past, so we expect to be fighting for the victory again this weekend," declared team director Massimo Meregalli. - crash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yamaha Crossplane Cranshaft

Periuk kera mangkuk tandas tupai dan kelawar?

Red Riders - Tay Motors Anjur Jelajah Motosikal Kuching - Kinabalu