Marquez: “Sorry…”



2016 Champion crashes out of the lead at Turn 4 for his first DNF of the season

arc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) had a perfect scorecard in 2016 until the Michelin® Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix. Taking the lead back from fast starter Pol Espargaro (Monster Yamaha Tech 3), the polesitter disappeared into the distance – until a mistake braking too deep into Turn 4 saw him crashing out of contention. Also suffering a crash in Le Mans but able to remount and take points, the Australian GP is Marquez’ first zero of the year – but with the title already wrapped up in Motegi after both Movistar Yamahas saw the same fate there, the mistake was a less expensive one than it could have been.

Marc Marquez (DNF): "First of all I want to say sorry to my team because I made a mistake today. We were doing everything perfectly, and we were just missing capping it with a result on Sunday. If I had been fighting for the title it would’ve been an entirely different race, as I wouldn’t have risked so much. Today I started strong because I knew I had to make a difference at the beginning. I was maintaining the distance, but at one of the hard braking points I braked too late and instead of taking a wider line, which is what I had been doing throughout the year, I tried to keep going. In such cases the limit is a fine one. We remain happy of course because we had already won the title but of course we wanted to win more races. It was completely my mistake; during the whole season I’ve been very careful on the braking points and this time I risked more so this crash has nothing to do with the Michelin tyres. Now we have another race next week, and we’ll just think about that. Congratulations to Cal for his great victory".

- motoGP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yamaha Crossplane Cranshaft

Periuk kera mangkuk tandas tupai dan kelawar?

Disimbah menantu dengan air panas